Etiquetas básicas: 2do Año

lengua, matemática, francés, biología, ciudadanía, arte, plástica, TICX, history, EM, ELT, writing, literature, literature and drama, historia, geografía, físico-química, 2ºsec, 2017

lunes, 3 de julio de 2017

Travelling back in time

In ELT we talk about where we might go if we are able to travel in time. After we discuss about it, we entered the web page "Write & Improve" and selected the activity called "Travelling back in time". The instructions were: 

You see this competition in an international magazine. 
If you were able to travel back in time to any place and time in history, where and when would you choose?
Describe what you might experience and tell us why you would choose this particular place and time. The most interesting entry will be published in the next issue.
And here is my piece of writing:

If I have the opportunity to travel in time I would choose a specific date, the 29 June 1986. I wasn't born until 17 years after this unforgettable event happened. Unforgettable, at least for me and other millions of Argentinians. But what happened this day? The Football World Cup Final was going to be played. Why this date? I would love to experiment the great atmosphere of happiness invading my body, I would feel anxious while entering the 'Estadio Azteca' in Mexico, where the Argentinian 'dream' team and Germany were going to meet face to face in the court. 114,600 football lovers attended this day, what was a 'party' for Argentinian people: Argentina won the match 3–2 in normal time. Obviously the fact of winning a final with our 'Football enemy' would be great, but I would also like to experiment that feeling of passion in my heart, that love to the sport express in each song and each shout of goal, and you feel protected because you know there are thousands of people next to you feeling the same as you. Of course, another reason why I want to travel there is to become true my dream of meeting my idol and one of the best football players of all times, Maradona. He just moved the ball as if it was part of his body. I saw him playing lot of times in my computer but never in real life, so it would be an honor to be there.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario